Intermediate C LS Class
Links for Class
- Contemporary Topics 2 (4th edition). You need to use your log in information to access this site. That information is on the inside cover of your book. You need this website for Unit 4 (Business/Technology), Unit 7 (Social Psychology), and Unit 10 (Urban Planning)
- Contemporary Topics 2 (3rd Edition). You can listen to the News (Unit 10) and Health (Unit 9) lectures here.
- Newsela. You can find easy news articles in English here and can even change the level of the story! You need to click 'Join' to get a free account. You should click 'I am a learner' and then click 'No' when it asks "Are you joining a teacher's class?' Then enter your information and remember your user name and password.
- Voice of America (VOA). You can read and listen to news stories here. They use easier English and are slower. You can also click on this VOA page
- Quizlet for Josh's class.
- Longman dictionary. Here you can look up words in English for free!
- Cambridge dictionary. This is another free dictionary and it has pronunciation!
- Presentation #1: News Summary/Opinion
- Presentation #2: Health Problem/Solution
Stories of Courage and Compassion (Unit 12 Natural Hazards)
- (Swimming) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5I6lecv9JY
- (Tsunami) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm6Ll_CatOE
- (Shooting) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgnkMsuupuA
- (Subway) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N2zhu5RH34