Adv A RWG
- See a virtual tour of Bill Gates's house!
- Technology Reading HW: Here are two articles on advanced technology and the simple life that we will read in class: South Korea's House of the Future and Downshifting. Choose one interesting point from each article and write your reactions (This means you need to write 2 paragraphs with details from the article + your opinions, reasons, ideas, experiences)
- Wall-E Video. Please watch this video on YouTube and write your reaction. Wall-E is an animated movie by Pixar. It takes place in the future at a time when humans have destroyed the environment and now live in space. They have very advanced technology and robots do everything for them. In this scene, Wall-E, who is a robot, goes to the spaceship to look for his friend, Eva. At this time, he sees his first humans. As you watch, pay attention to what they are like and how technology has affected them.
- Calvin and Hobbes. You can read all of the cartoons here. Just click on the arrow next to the calendar. Enjoy!
- Homeschooling articles. Here are three more articles you can read that discuss the advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling. (1) Education Week: Homeschooling (2) Overview of Arguments Against Homeschooling (3) Why Homeschooling Isn't Right for Everyone
- In this TED lecture, Dan Pink discusses interesting research about motivation. Please watch it and post your reaction.